Wireless pioneer Betacom, an enabler of Industry 4.0 through private 5G networks, closed the first half of 2022 having achieved multiple critical milestones including a number of large enterprise client deployments, partner integrations and industry accolades.
Betacom 5G as a Service gives U.S. enterprises access to cost-effective, high-performance and lightning-fast 5G networks, with network management delivered via its cloud-based Security and Service Operations Center (SSOC) built on Zero Trust design principles. The company has a history of building wireless infrastructure for mid-to-large enterprises and the expertise to meet the private wireless needs of the manufacturing, airlines and warehousing sectors.
Enterprise client deployments and partner integrations in 2022 include:
- June 2022 – Betacom announced its selection by Google to accelerate delivery of private 5G networks in the United States through the Google Private Networks Solutions Portfolio, built on Google Distributed Cloud (GDC) Edge. These efforts advance enterprise deployment of technologies that power Industry 4.0.
- May 2022 – Betacom announced it was selected to provide the Digital Manufacturing Institute and the National Center for Cybersecurity in Manufacturing’s (MxD) Chicago headquarters and Factory Floor Lab with a private 5G network. It also announced 5G technology partners, which include Airspan Networks Inc. to provide its 5G Open RAN (Radio Access Network) and Druid Software to supply the 5G core software.
- February 2022 – Betacom announced its private 5G trial deployment at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. The deployment was highlighted in a report issued by wireless analyst Senza Fili that outlines the need, use cases and benefits of private 5G in the U.S. airline industry.
Industry accolades received during the first half of the year include:
- SME’s 20 Leaders Transforming Manufacturing– Smart Manufacturing Experience profiled a number of industry leaders and recognized Betacom CEO Johan Bjorklund for demonstrating his innovative leadership in realizing the potential for private networks to revitalize U.S. manufacturing.
- SCF Small Cell Awards– In May, the Small Cell Forum named Betacom the winner for Outstanding Contribution to Small Cell Business Cases for developing a new business model for delivering private networks securely to industries across the United States, simplifying the small cell business case by offering private networks as a managed service.
- Middle Market Fast 50– The Puget Sound Business Journal recognized Betacom as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in the Puget Sound region based on revenue rankings.
- American Stevies– In April, American Business Association awarded Betacom with two Stevie Awards. Bjorklund was named a ‘Maverick of the Year’ for his leadership in 5G innovation and Betacom 5G as a Service won the Gold prize in the Industrial Products and Services category.
- OnGo Awards– In February, The OnGo Alliance named Betacom the OnGo Award Winner for Excellence in Enterprise Deployment for its 5GaaS trial at DFW Airport, calling it the best example of enterprise private network deployments for multiple applications. Betacom also was awarded the Judge’s Choice Award for its 5GaaS business model, citing it as an illustration of the future of private wireless.
“Industry 4.0 is at the forefront of the work we are doing today for enterprise clients,” Bjorklund said. “Many are now piloting private 5G networks to determine their potential to positively impact their business outcomes. And, so far, the results are exceeding customer expectations, especially since they are able to leave the deployment and management of these networks to us. We make it easy and cost-effective for them to achieve their business goals.”
For more information, visit http://www.betacom.com.