Ecessa today announced a significant upgrade to its entire SD-WAN product line with Layer 7 firewall intrusion detection and prevention features.
Ecessa Edge, PowerLink and WANworX now include a native next generation firewall and SD-WAN solution on a single platform. Organizations can consolidate equipment and add stronger edge protection with one full-featured device from Ecessa, saving money and increasing efficiency.
Ecessa security features now include:
- Intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS)
- Selectable threat classes (Malware, ransomware, DDoS)
- Threat package updates (automatic and configurable)
- Website filtering
- Custom rules engine
- Customizable inbound and outbound rules
- QoS engine
- Access Control List (ACL) with change logs
- Full read/write control of all rules and policies
- Full reporting, logging and alerting
- Full support for IPSec and SSL VPN (PowerLink and WANworX models)
For nearly two decades, Ecessa has included a stateful firewall in its wide area network devices. With the need to securely off-load internet traffic at the edge and encrypt sensitive business data traversing public broadband circuits, stronger security features have become essential throughout the network.
Ecessa has an 18-year tradition of innovation, developing intellectual property that not only meets market needs, but offers the greatest customization options and unlimited technical support. Ecessa recognizes every network is unique. The company’s goal is to empower network architects to create the exact solutions they need.