Fortinet has announced the expansion of its Global Managed Security Service Provider Program (MSSP) with its new Silver Level program tier, as well as new service enablement and technical support offerings.
- Silver tier: A new Silver Level program tier provides an entry path for VARs and MSSPs migrating to service orientation by providing specialized service creation content, best practices, exclusive webinars, and promotional bundles to help them advance to Gold and Platinum status.
- Fabric-Enabler Program: The new Fabric-Enabler Program supports MSSP partners certified in the technologies of Fabric-Ready partners with demonstrated expertise in designing, integrating, and managing customized security fabric solutions. Fabric-Enabler program members receive specialized API integration, access to threat intelligence sharing methodologies, automation tools, playbooks, and service creation support to help them develop and deliver differentiated and outcome-based services to better capitalize on new professional and managed services revenue opportunities. They are also invited to participate in joint marketing programs and leverage branded resources.
- Services starter kits: New service enablement starter kits for multi-cloud, SD-WAN, automation, and secure access for IoT and OT (operational technology) help MSSPs create new service offerings around the technology requirements for these digital transformation strategies. Starter kits include engineering fast track tools, service creation content, sales, marketing, and DevOps playbooks.
- Pay-as-you-grow model: New metered, consumption-based licensing enables MSSPs to offer a flexible pay-as-you-grow model to clients based on the volume of traffic protected and the FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence services used in order to minimize CAPEX investments.
- Regional support: The expansion of regional engineering and partner services includes new regional subject matter experts and partner service managers who are tasked with helping support global MSSPs with service creation, sales, and operational alignment efforts.
- Service enablement workshops: New workshops arm MSSPs at Platinum, Gold, and Silver Levels with access to playbooks for faster service enablement, improved operational maturity, and higher margins, as well as Fortinet support services for engineering.
- Fortinet veterans program (FortiVet): The program has been expanded to help provide qualified staff for MSSPs. FortiVet facilitates the transition of exceptional military veterans into the cybersecurity industry to help close the skills shortage gap. This program provides professional networking, training, and mentoring and was recently expanded to the U.K. to train and develop local veterans for the EMEA marketplace.
Empowering MSSPs through service enablement and go-to-market programs
According to a recent report, the global managed security services market is expected to reach more than $100 billion in the next nine years. It’s evident that the growth of outsourced security services is driving MSSPs to adopt models that best address the evolving requirements spurred by digital transformation, including IoT, IT/OT convergence, and the adoption of multi-cloud networks and services.
Fortinet’s MSSP program has long supported both large and small managed security service providers by helping them adapt to changing market dynamics and threat conditions, and assisting in their growth through training, specialized support, and go-to-market programs that enable profitable services creation. With the expansion of the Fortinet MSSP Program, new and established MSSP partners alike benefit from an expanding portfolio of tools, expertise, training, and support designed to accelerate their profitability while delivering the industry’s most advanced security services to their customers.
“Delivering advanced security services that protect today’s digital transformation strategies requires a combination of technical expertise and access to the tools, starter kits, and technologies that enable us to put together the most competitive security services for our customers,” said Jeff Frye, EVP of MSS at Interface Security Systems. “Fortinet’s expanded MSSP Program is a testament to its commitment to arming its partners with the resources necessary to develop successful service models that will drive growth, address our customers’ evolving security challenges while reducing costs, and maximizing IT investments.”