TriggerMesh, a cloud-native integration platform provider, today unveils Shaker, an open-source AWS EventBridge alternative project. Driven by trends such as platform engineering and serverless, more events are being made programmatically available to developers. Shaker from TriggerMesh captures, transforms, and delivers events from many out-of-the-box and custom event sources in a unified manner.
Platform engineers, software vendors, enterprises and system integrators (SIs) require easy access to events from various event sources to build event-driven applications while reducing cloud costs. For most teams, building these capabilities is not viable as it requires time and resources detracting them from developing their core value. Events are often heterogeneous and need to be transformed, which requires additional tools. Developers need an easy, low-friction way to consume events, and asking everyone in the company to learn to master something like Kafka can be prohibitive.
“Developers and platform engineers are craving for a simple eventing solution to support faster innovation within their organizations,” said TriggerMesh co-founder and CEO Sebastien Goasguen. “The Shaker open-source AWS EventBridge alternative project will appeal to most DevOps, SREs, and platform engineers who are looking to boost their event-driven journey.”
TriggerMesh’s release provides many of the same capabilities as AWS EventBridge but is open-source, can run anywhere that has Docker or Kubernetes, and it is designed to capture events from all cloud providers as well as SaaS or custom applications. TriggerMesh captures, transforms, and delivers events, without needing to write a single line of code, all while providing guarantees that events will be safely delivered. Developer productivity is amplified by the intuitive new CLI and simplified operations of the new Broker.
The Shaker project from TriggerMesh benefits include:
- Unified eventing – TriggerMesh provides a unified way to work with events (using the CloudEvents specification) and provides access to the most popular event sources and targets in AWS, Azure and GCP out of the box.
- Easy transformations – TriggerMesh includes a transformation engine based on a simple DSL, but also offers code-based transformations when more flexibility is needed.
- Maintainable over time – Make changes to TriggerMesh simply by updating configuration, no deep dives into code and no complex build cycle. Easily onboard new people. Implement GitOps-style workflows.
- Agility, scalability, reliability – As TriggerMesh decouples producers and consumers and handles reliable delivery between them, it is easy to add and remove consumers and producers, and scale them independently.
- Easily embedded into existing platforms or products – Can be added to any existing K8s cluster or simply run with Docker, providing the flexibility needed to embed and integrate with existing software (Apache 2.0 license).
TriggerMesh’s open-source AWS EventBridge alternative is available today. Create your first event flow in under five minutes on any computer that runs Docker, whether you use AWS, Azure, GCP, Kafka, or simply HTTP webhooks. Join the TriggerMesh community Slack channel at https://triggermesh-community.slack.com/signup#/domain-signup or visit the website at www.triggermesh.com.