Cologix, a North American network-neutral interconnection and hyperscale edge data center company, and Console Connect by PCCW Global announced the Console Connect Software Defined Interconnection platform is available at Cologix’s MTL7 data center in Montréal through a new Point of Presence (PoP).
Through its collaboration with Cologix, Console Connect is increasing its interconnection footprint across Canada with availability of the automated platform to Cologix’s customers across all 20 Canadian data center locations.
The collaboration enables Cologix’s Canadian customers to connect directly to Console Connect’s Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) platform, providing on-demand access to international connectivity across the Console Connect fabric to more than 650 data centers in 50-plus countries.
With Console Connect, Cologix’s Canadian customers can automate connectivity at the network edge to their customers, partners and employees around the world. Customers can experience the flexibility and speed of on-demand, private connectivity using the Console Connect self-service portal bringing them instant and direct access to major cloud platforms, as well as direct links to 20 data center locations across Canada.
The platform supports the growing cloud connectivity requirements of enterprises in Canada. Using either the secure Console Connect web portal or its API, Cologix’s Canadian customers can quote, order, deliver and manage their network connections to leading cloud platforms including Amazon Web Services, Alibaba Cloud, Google Cloud Interconnect, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute and many others.
Console Connect VP of Digital Automated Innovation Michael Glynn said, “Console Connect is expanding its presence and reach across North America, enabling more businesses in the region to access and experience our on-demand networking services. I am pleased to welcome Cologix to the Console Connect ecosystem, while growing the availability of our platform in Canada with our first PoP in Montréal.
- Console Connect platform provides on-demand access to international connectivity to more than 650 data centers in 50-plus countries.
- Console Connect offers direct access to a large ecosystem of local and global cloud, SaaS, IX and IoT providers. Through the platform’s MeetingPlace feature, users can order and provision partner services, such as remote peering, colocation, SaaS and business applications, as well as access a range of home-grown features and solutions.
- Organizations can access more than 100 networks with low latency connectivity using the Meet-Me-Room at Cologix’s MTL7 facility, powered by high-count, diverse and scalable fiber. The facility provides direct access to Cologix’s network-dense ecosystem with more than 200 Canadian-based networks and almost 600 networks across Cologix’s footprint.
- MTL7’s design facilitates rapid power deployments, with cutting-edge technology including hot aisle containment and modular in-row cooling.
- Eco-friendly renewable green energy facility.
- Cologix offers 11 data centers in Montréal with direct onramps to such cloud services as Amazon Web Services Direct Connect, Google Cloud Interconnect, Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute, IBM Cloud and Oracle FastConnect.
Through the Cologix platform, customers have access to the company’s North American ecosystem including four cloud gateways in Ashburn, Virginia; Columbus, Ohio; Montréal; and Silicon Valley.