CompTIA, the non-profit association for the IT industry, has expanded the Trustmark program to include six foundational and advanced trustmarks in managed services, managed print services, security and business operations.
“Each of these vendor-neutral credentials has been developed at the request of and with direction from industry experts and leaders,” said Nancy Hammervik, senior vice president of industry relations at CompTIA.
“A CompTIA Trustmark signifies a solution provider’s commitment to the highest levels of integrity and sustained quality service,” Hammervik added. “Holding these credentials signals to current and potential customers that your business meets or exceeds the best business practices our industry has to offer.”
The new offerings include:
- The CompTIA Managed Services Trustmark, designed for organizations providing on-premise IT services via a managed services business model. The CompTIA Managed Print Trustmark for organizations that offer on-premise print services via a managed services business model.
- The CompTIA Security Trustmark, a self-assessment that identifies businesses that follow security best practices in data protection, personnel security and access management.
- The CompTIA Security Trustmark+, the next step for security best practices. Businesses that receive this credential are evaluated by an independent third party to confirm that they exceed industry standards in data protection, personnel security and access management.
- The CompTIA Accredit UK Trustmark+, a benchmark for ICT companies in the United Kingdom wishing to prove their business excellence.
- The CompTIA IT Business Trustmark, for ICT companies in the U.K. seeking validation that they follow industry best practices related to service agreements, standard operating procedures and systems and tools for delivering its services.
- More than 260 IT companies have earned a CompTIA Trustmark since the program was introduced some five years ago. The CompTIA Trustmark Directory provides links to all businesses that have earned any of the credentials. Clicking on a company’s name reveals a unique profile listing, including additional information on the firm and how to contact them.
“We work with IT departments in many companies and the CompTIA Trustmark lends instant credibility,” said Jeff Bendix, president and owner of Bendix Imaging, which received the CompTIA Managed Print Trustmark in late 2012. “IT professionals gain confidence that we know what we are doing. It’s also helped us take an even deeper look at our MPS program and enhance a few areas we wanted to improve.”