Colt Technology Services, in partnership with Equinix, Interxion, has provided Decathlon, a global sporting goods retailer, with a platform for digital services. Colt supplies connectivity for Decathlon’s regional hubs in Asia, Europe and the United states in the form of a high-bandwidth backbone to link multiple public clouds and SaaS services.
To accompany its cloud journey, Decathlon has needed a centralized network solution compliant with high availability standards, its digital strategy and its worldwide expansion. The retailer required a faster way to deploy best-in-class digital products while expanding business. It also needed to cut the cost and burden of managing its own data centers.
With Equinix and Interxion/DLR as data center partners delivering colocation sites, AWS and Google Cloud as cloud partners, and Axians, delivering remote hands, Colt has provided a holistic global solution that answers these needs and guarantees end-to-end performance, security, monitoring and visibility while delivering outstanding service levels and support.
With the new solution in place, Decathlon will be able to:
- Stay ahead of the curve in the retail landscape
- Reduce management costs and overhead
- Develop digital experiences for customers shopping in-store, online or via mobile apps
- Maintain its fast pace of global expansion by bringing new sites onto the network quickly and efficiently
- Interconnect with partners, suppliers and cloud service providers more easily
- Anticipate future benefits such as accelerated adoption of additional cloud services.
Decathlon now has on demand network connectivity that can be provisioned within minutes instead of weeks or months. That means an optimal quality of connectivity in the form of dedicated lines backed with service level agreements, high availability at the level of 99,99 percent, better performance with users located closer to cloud providers and scalability as a result of connections that can be upgraded in less than a day.