Eagle Eye Networks, a leader in cloud video surveillance, launched version three of its Eagle Eye Video API Platform, which is used by Eagle Eye developers, resellers and technology partners. The new API is comprehensive, built for faster implementation of video applications by developers, and builds on the API foundation of the first two versions.
Since its founding in 2012, Eagle Eye has been committed to an open platform with a comprehensive RESTful API accessible by all, and extensive camera support. With the launch of API V3, Eagle Eye continues its platform investment for developers to create applications leveraging and integrating cloud video surveillance.
“Over the past 11 years, we have learned many lessons about what is needed in a cloud platform for broad video surveillance applications, AI, and operating at scale,” said Dean Drako, CEO of Eagle Eye Networks. “We have incorporated developer feedback, developer requests, integration needs, and large customer requirements to make V3 of our API that delivers even more.”
Eagle Eye will continue to support its V1 and V2 APIs for the foreseeable future, but it recommends all new development be done on API V3.
Used by thousands of enterprises globally, the Video API Platform and mobile and web software development kits (SDKs) bring cloud video surveillance and AI capabilities to developers for faster development and integration with video surveillance.
The API allows resellers and business owners to build custom solutions. Some examples include:
- Hotel management applications integrating video surveillance for accessibility and business management.
- Entrepreneurs developing applications and launching their business on the Eagle Eye Video API Platform speeding their time to market.
- AI experts integrating their AI analysis for customers to obtain their AI expertise.
- Central station software directly taking video feeds and AI from the Eagle Eye Video API Platform.
Some key benefits of the Eagle Eye Video API Platform include:
- Secure OAuth-based cloud authentication to 8,000-plus IP camera models with a few lines of code, including Axis, Bosch, Hanwha, Mobotix, IPro, Vivotek cameras
- Cloud-based AI and video analytics with a simple API call
- RTSP support for recorded and live video
- Easy media integration (HLS, RTSP, MP4)
- Two-way audio for bi-directional voice communications
- SDKs for faster integrations on Web, Android, iOS
- Accelerated time-to-market for integrated solutions
- Modern RESTful API
Eagle Eye is exhibiting products and discussing initiatives that demonstrate the power of AI + Cloud for 2023 and beyond for security practitioners, resellers and tech partners in Booth 3925 at the GSX show, Sept. 11-13, in Dallas. Demonstrations and meetings with Eagle Eye experts may be scheduled in advance using this link.
Learn more at www.een.com.