IBM and MuleSoft have entered into a global relationship. MuleSoft will extend its Anypoint Runtime Fabric, a container service for multi-cloud and hybrid deployments, to run on Red Hat OpenShift, an industry enterprise Kubernetes platform.
IBM and MuleSoft plan to deliver increased integrations and solutions around the IBM Z product family to support financial services and other mutual customers. In addition, IBM plans to expand its investment in integration software and industry expertise, including increasing the number of MuleSoft-certified professionals in its consulting services organization.
According to the latest State of Salesforce report from IBM and Oxford Economics, nearly 30 percent of innovation activities and ecosystem, workforce, and customer engagement will be virtualized by 2023. The shift to digital-first customer and employee experiences has created more data from more systems than ever before – and delivering these connected digital experiences will require seamless integration of data, potentially across multiple siloed systems.
IBM and MuleSoft plan to make it easier to connect, compose and automate business processes and modernize applications at scale:
- In collaboration with Red Hat, MuleSoft will extend Anypoint Runtime Fabric to Red Hat OpenShift as a certified OpenShift application, unlocking increased flexibility for companies to deploy APIs, integrations, and automations across public and private clouds.
- Eighty-five of the world’s top 100 banks run on IBM Z. MuleSoft supports IBM Z Digital Integration Hub, making it easier for joint financial services customers to integrate core business applications and share real-time, industry relevant information with MuleSoft.
- IBM Z Digital Integration Hub creates flexible, efficient real-time information flow between multiple systems of record on z/OS and cloud environments while also optimizing costs.
- MuleSoft complements IBM Z Digital Integration Hub by allowing customers to share information stored in the Z Digital Integration Hub via reusable APIs and easily integrate it to external applications with clicks, not code. To provide more options for clients, MuleSoft also provides a CICS connector via the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway.
- Together, IBM and MuleSoft will accelerate integration with core systems and faster development of hybrid cloud applications, as well as support for governance, risk and compliance requirements.
- As part of the IBM Z and Cloud Modernization Center, a digital front door to an array of tools, training, resources and ecosystem partners, MuleSoft will help joint customers accelerate the modernization of their applications, data and processes in an open hybrid cloud architecture.
- As part of the commitment to its Salesforce practice, IBM Consulting increases the number of MuleSoft-certified professionals to support intelligent workflows, automation and industry-focused use cases that accelerate digital transformation. IBM Consulting, a global Salesforce partner, harnesses the industry expertise of certified Salesforce and MuleSoft practitioners to help companies deliver key business outcomes and scale innovation faster.
To learn more how organizations can benefit from the MuleSoft and IBM Z integration, visit: https://ibm.biz/zDIH-MS-blog
To learn more about IBM Consulting services for Salesforce, visit: https://www.ibm.com/services/salesforce