The Identity Defined Security Alliance (IDSA), a nonprofit that provides vendor-neutral resources to help organizations reduce the risk of a breach by combining identity and security strategies, announced Jeff Reich (pictured) as the organization’s new Executive Director. Additionally, the organization recently elected the 2023/2024 Executive Advisory Board (EAB) and expanded its Customer Advisory Board (CAB) to include Comcast, Expedia, Target and TikTok.
Over the last few years, identity security has emerged as a top priority for most enterprises as identity-related breaches have increased. In a recent study, an alarming 84 percent of organizations reported experiencing an identity-related breach in the last year, with 78 percent citing a direct business impact as a result. This has created a massive demand for independent identity security information and resources. The IDSA fills this need by providing vendor-neutral education, best practices and resources to help organizations minimize risk. Building off the organization’s momentum under Julie Smith, Reich will be responsible for leading IDSA through its next phase of growth as organizations prioritize identity security.
Reich has been involved in the security community for five decades and is an advocate for cybersecurity awareness and education. He joins IDSA from the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), where he was Vice President of Member Success accountable for ensuring quality member benefits and value.
During his time with CSA, he increased the capability of delivering and supporting benefits to members by 44 percent, resulting in higher member retention and engagement.
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) honored Reich with the designation of Distinguished Fellow and in October 2015, he was inducted into the ISSA Hall of Fame. He holds CISSP certification from (ISC)2, CRISC certification from ISACA and was granted a Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management from The Council for Service Management Education and The Information Systems Examination Board.
This news comes on the heels of the newly elected EAB, which comprises nine elected industry leaders, who provide oversight and organizational direction for executing the mission, goals, policies, and programs of the IDSA.
IDSA Executive Advisory Board members:
- Atos – Allen Moffett, Global IAM Program Lead and CTO
- BeyondTrust – Morey Haber, CSO
- CyberArk – Joanne Wu, VP Business Development
- Okta – Stephen Lee, VP Technical Strategy and Partnerships
- Optiv – Julie Talbot-Hubbard, SVP and GM, Cyber Protection and Identity
- Ping Identity – Aubrey Turner, Executive Advisor
- SailPoint –Mike Kiser, Director of Strategy and Standards
- Saviynt, Ravi Erukulla, VP Analyst Relations and Customer Advocacy
- VMware – Rahul Parwani, Director of Product Management
The IDSA CAB, which provides a user perspective and guidance on the vision, mission, and work of the IDSA also has expanded. Rajnish Bhatia, Vice President, Cyber Security, Comcast; Douglas Rose, Global Head of Threat-Led Defense, TikTok; and Tom Sheffield, Senior Director, Cybersecurity, Target have joined the group of thought leaders and advocates for identity-centric security approaches.
IDSA Customer Advisory Board members:
- Eric Anderson, Director, Enterprise Security, Adobe
- Rajnish Bhatia, Vice President, Cyber Security, Comcast
- Bernard Diwakar, Director, Enterprise Security Chief Architect, Intuit
- Josephina Fernandez, Senior Director, Enterprise Security, Cisco
- Carlos Garcia, Senior Principal Architect, Office of CIO, Optum
- Manish Gupta, Director Software Development Engineering, Expedia Group
- Den Jones, CSO, Banyan Security
- Clint Maples, CISO, Robert Half
- Narendra Patlolla, Head of Cyber Architecture, Gallagher
- Douglas Rose, Global Head of Threat-Led Defense, TikTok
- Tom Sheffield, Senior Director, Cybersecurity, Target
For more information please visit www.idsalliance.org and to learn more about memberships, please visit https://www.idsalliance.org/about-us/membership/.