Ooma, Inc., a smart communications platform for businesses and consumers, announced new features that enhance hotel guest experiences and employee productivity through expanded integration of its Ooma Enterprise unified communications (UC) service with property management systems, powered by Ooma’s partnership with Jazzware.
A property management system, or PMS, is the heart of modern hotels, motels, resorts and other hospitality locations. The PMS tracks guests as they check in and out, organizes cleaning and maintenance, connects to payment systems at the front desk and in-house restaurants, tracks revenue, and more. To achieve its full potential, a PMS needs to work seamlessly with the property’s phone and unified communication systems.
Ooma Enterprise, a UC as a service (UCaaS) solution, supports integration with more than 70 PMS solutions through its partnership with Jazzware, a leader in hospitality industry software with 25 years of experience in telecommunications auditing and analytics.
Ooma Enterprise now connects with OPERA Cloud, Maestro, CloudBeds, Agilysys, Sabra SynXis, Marriott FOSSE & Full Service, choiceADVANTAGE RoomKeyPMS, and other leading PMS solutions.
Through the integration with Jazzware, Ooma can support powerful new features that include:
- Custom phone messages for VIP guests and members of loyalty programs, with special offers just for them
- Personalized wake-up greetings in 14 languages that can be set by guests or staff
- Guest and staff notifications of upcoming maintenance, service or guest programs
- Safety notifications via phone, email and SMS, including 911 call initiation
- A mobile app for staff members to manage guest interactions and room status
- A remote portal to offload property administration
- All of this is transparent to end customers, with Ooma and Jazzware managing the back-end work to link the hotel’s phone system with the PMS
Beyond guest services, employees can become more productive through Ooma Enterprise features such as video conferencing, chat, a desktop app, a mobile app and the option to set up a sophisticated contact center – all based in the cloud, so installation and configuration is easier and less expensive than legacy on-premise PBX systems.
For more information on Ooma Enterprise and the hospitality industry, visit https://www.ooma.com/business-phone-service/hospitality-services/.