Pure Storage, an IT pioneer that delivers advanced data storage technology and services, released what it calls “the next-generation” FlashArray//X and FlashArray//C R4 models. The FlashArray examples deliver enterprises with the data agility, performance, security and savings to scale business operations seamlessly and economically.
The combination of data growth, changes in application types, new technologies and the need to move faster drive a need for agility, yet organizations continue to face pressure to get more done with less energy, less time and reduced costs.
However, today’s fragmented and siloed storage solutions, coupled with stagnant IT budgets and countless manual, inflexible operations, continue to result in increased OPEX costs, while the rapid growth of data causes existing storage platforms to reach capacity and management limits too quickly.
The next-generation FlashArray//X and FlashArray//C support the industry’s agile storage needs by pioneering the industry’s leading all-flash platform that integrates hardware with a unified Purity operating environment across all products.
With a leap forward in performance and scale, FlashArray leads the storage industry, powering the most demanding applications and business-critical workloads while reducing their overall management costs by up to 74 percent over legacy storage.
Pure Storage Evergreen//Forever subscribers can take advantage of the performance and efficiency gains at no additional cost and completely non-disruptively.
The latest FlashArray//X and FlashArray//C R4 models deliver significant advancements over prior generations. Customers get:
- Up to 40 percent Performance Boost – The latest R4 models drive up to a 40 percent performance boost, over 80 percent increased memory speeds to support greater workload consolidation, and a 30 percent inline compression boost to stretch storage capacity further. Built on PCIe Gen4 technology and using the latest Intel XeonTM chipset and DDR5 DRAM, FlashArray//X and FlashArray//C R4 give customers more power to support more workloads with up to 74 percent TCO savings.
- More Choices for Business-Critical Workloads – By expanding its FlashArray//C line with FlashArray//C90, Pure Storage enables more customer choices for business-critical workloads and data where sub 2m second latency is not required, making it the perfect platform for operational databases, workload consolidation, BCDR, and file workloads, including VMware, PACs, and file stores.
- Industry’s Largest Flash Drives – FlashArray//C will include the release of 75TB QLC DirectFlash Modules (DFMs) with built-in non-volatile RAM, while FlashArray//X will include 36TB TLC DFMs. These DFMs deliver 1.5PB per 3RU, a 106 percent improvement in density per rack unit. DFMs, first introduced with FlashArray//XL, reduce rack space requirements and enable even more scale with capacity and improved NVRAM throughput. DirectFlash provides 20 times greater reliability and drives over four times more energy efficiency compared to competing all-flash arrays.
- Continuous Innovation, Without Extra Cost or Disruption – Pure Storage customers can take advantage of the R4 upgrades at no cost via a completely non-disruptive, no-downtime upgrade through Pure Storage’s patented Evergreen architecture and subscription offers. Evergreen//Flex adds that hardware components and controllers can be reused across the family. Pure Storage pioneered the notion of non-disruptive upgrades via a subscription to continuous innovation and has since upgraded more than 30,000 active storage arrays.
- Improved Data Protection – FlashArray Auto-on SafeMode has been extended to new volumes on existing arrays, including a default snapshot schedule and snapshot protection for up to 30 days. This gives customers ultimate protection for all data, with no additional effort, while still providing granular controls as needed.