SingleStore, a cloud-native database built for speed and scale to power real-time applications, released its 8.0 release, which features faster analytics, improved developer experience and greater ease of use. The new version is a testament to the company’s speed of innovation and momentum.
SingleStore was recognized as a ’Strong Performer’ in the Forrester Wave: Translytical Data Platforms, Q4 2022 and launched SingleStore Connect, a cloud-based partner ecosystem showcasing the SingleStore partner network and empowering customers to create fast and interactive real-time applications.
SingleStore Connect already lists AWS, IBM, Intel, Looker (Google Cloud), SAS and TIBCO, among others, in its ecosystem.
“The need for real-time is here, but it doesn’t just happen through sheer will,” said Raj Verma, CEO, SingleStore. “Real-time has been baked into our foundational design from very early on, and the continued innovation with the latest announcement sets us apart as the world’s only unified database that allows you to transact and reason with data in real time in a multi-cloud hybrid distributed environment.”
Some of the product capabilities include:
- Real-time analytics:
- With new fast-seeking JSON for columns, customers can now expect to see up to 100x improvements in query performance for transactional applications that work with semi-structured data such as JSON.
- Cloud first:
- Dynamic Workspace Scaling: Customers can now scale workspace compute up or down seamlessly (on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) autonomously with no manual user actions and can Suspend & Resume workspaces as needed so users only pay for what they use.
- Monitoring and observability: New real-time and historical monitoring capabilities provide customers with up-to-the-second visibility into cluster performance to ensure seamless operations and business continuity.
- Programmability and developer experience:
- Recursive CTEs (Common Table Expressions): While SingleStoreDB has always supported regular (non-recursive) CTEs, the 8.0 release will include support for Recursive CTEs as well, which makes it easier to perform analytics on hierarchical data such as in-database graphs and tree expansions using one SQL statement
- New native Laravel driver: SingleStore also recently launched a native driver for Laravel, which is open-sourced and is now available on GitHub, that enables developers to easily and securely build new applications using Laravel and PHP.
- New Python connector: SingleStoreDB’s new native client for Python helps developers create up to 10x faster connections to the database (compared to a vanilla MySQL connector such as PyMySQL), ensuring blazing-fast applications and analytics.
- Wasm Everywhere: With the current release, SingleStoreDB support for Wasm(WebAssembly) will be available for both cloud and self-managed deployments, essentially opening up the availability of this key feature to all customers – making it easy to port code libraries or routines (in Rust, C or C++ and soon other languages) into SingleStoreDB.
- Security and compliance:
- Federated Authentication with OAuth: SingleStore also now provides extended SSO support for federated authentication using OAuth on the SingleStore cloud service (in addition to SAML). With OAuth support, customers now have a simpler and more secure authentication mechanism. This eases the management of secure connections, especially for mission-critical applications.
For more information, visit www.singlestore.com.