For many IT solution providers, entering next-generation technology markets like cloud, security, IoT, analytics and mobility can be challenging and costly. To eliminate guesswork and minimize the risk and costs for channel partners looking to make one or more of these high-growth areas a strategic part of their business, Tech Data has introduced its Practice Builder methodology.
Providing a customized approach designed to accelerate growth in each technology area, Tech Data’s Practice Builder methodology was tested with a group of customers over the last several months and is now available in the U.S. and Canada to customers who meet established criteria, including investment commitment and established growth metrics.
“As Tech Data strengthens its commitment to helping our customers transition from second- to third-platform technologies on their journeys through digital transformation, businesses are constantly looking for ways to scale their resources, skills and investments efficiently so that they can enhance the overall customer experience,” said Jeff Bawol, senior vice president, Enterprise Solutions, Americas at Tech Data. “Our Practice Builder methodology empowers solution providers to build new or enhance existing technology practices that differentiate themselves in the marketplace, allowing organizations to meet goals, sustain revenue growth and offer the right combination of specialized solutions and services to develop a competitive advantage and produce better business outcomes.”
Tech Data’s Practice Builder methodology comprises five key phases:
- Strategy Development – Reviews current business and recommends the best ways to move forward using detailed road maps of the path to success.
- Training and Enablement – Maps out training opportunities and offers partner-facing employees the ability to earn the certifications.
- Marketing – Development of an integrated marketing strategy through a variety of proven methods to help drive new business.
- Services – Examines service delivery opportunities, from pre-sales to managed services, to make sure the organization is appropriately staffed to deliver a seamless customer experience—by either using their own resources or incorporating the benefits of white-labeled services from Tech Data.
- Sales Execution – Focuses on recommending the right tools and support activities to help the organization successfully execute on its strategy.
According to industry analyst firm IDC, 60% of enterprise IT will be off-premise by 2018. Cloud products and solutions are displacing traditional infrastructure spend, increasing competition and lowering margins for resellers.
“The step-by-step approach that Tech Data is deploying in its Practice Builder methodology will help partners more rapidly develop specialization and differentiation while enhancing partners’ growth potential,” said Pam Miller, director, Infrastructure Channels Research, IDC. “Great care has also been taken in not overwhelming partners or discouraging them due to the vast scope of knowledge they need to acquire to be successful in these new technologies.”
“We’ve engaged new client business as a direct result of the training and enablement sessions we developed by using the Practice Builder methodology with Tech Data,” said Tim Kinnerup, vice president, Sales, QCM Technologies, a business IT solutions reseller and Tech Data customer. “Our team completed the program, which helped us better understand our target market, and with Tech Data’s service offerings, we were able to leverage that knowledge to identify a significant opportunity at one of our best customers. We plan to dive in even further with Tech Data as we mine for more automation and orchestration opportunities in the future.”