Zyxel Networks, a leader in delivering secure, AI- and cloud-powered business and home networking solutions, announced the release of an update of its Nebula Cloud Networking Solution. The Phase 15 update (P15) enhances the user experience by streamlining license purchases, guiding users through Nebula’s paid features, improves usability and increases security and resilience across managed Nebula switches.
Nebula Cloud Networking Solution makes it easy to deploy, configure, monitor and manage a comprehensive portfolio of wireless and wired networking hardware, including access points, switches, security firewalls and LTE mobile routers from anywhere with an Internet connection. The intuitive interface enables all Nebula distributed networks to be monitored and managed from a single screen via the cloud, eliminating the complexity of remote site access.
Features of the P15 update include:
- Security and Resilience for Nebula Switches – “IP Source Guard” protects networks from IP spoofing attacks by allowing only authorized client traffic based on the DHCP snooping binding table or manually-configured allowed client list. “Auto Configuration Recovery” protects the switch by pausing configuring operations and recovering to the original switch settings when the switch loses connection with the central Nebula Control Center (NCC).
- Remote Configurator for Mobile Routers – A time-saving remote configurator for mobile routers establishes a connection from the NCC to the mobile router web GUI to enable users to remotely configure 4G routers without having to send staff out to the site.
- In-Line Overview of Premium Features – Nebula makes it easy to identify what each premium feature offers and which functions will provide maximum value to the user, prior to purchasing the feature. Simply rolling over each feature displays a visual aid that provides a detailed description of the feature is and its functions, ultimately giving the user better insight into whether or not the feature is worth their investment.
- Streamlined License Buying – Ideal for prosumers and small businesses, users can purchase Nebula-compatible licenses directly through the management portal. The integrated Zyxel MaZyxel Marketplace e-commerce platform in the NCC automates the process, allowing users to purchase licenses up to 10 times faster than buying offline. Channel partners still have the flexibility of buying licenses offline or through the online licensing platform, Circle.
- Anytime Trials – Available in October, Nebula users will be able to try certain features to explore which best benefit them. This update makes available optional paid features in a free 30-day trial, enabling users to experience the benefits of the full Nebula stack without incurring an upfront cost. Activated at any time, from even more entry points, the unified trial mechanism promises to deliver a consistent user experience across the board.
- Flexible Firmware Upgrades – Nebula users gain increased flexibility for firmware upgrades, allowing them to manage the timing and version preferences for upgrades. The options include the ability to automate, schedule or manually upgrade hardware to the latest or most stable versions of the firmware or ignore the update altogether.
“The enhancements delivered to Nebula Cloud Management Solution through this update incorporate features designed to address pain points provided through the extensive feedback and insight that we have received from our customers,” explained Shawn Rogers, Market Development Manager at Zyxel Networks. “This update makes the experience of using Nebula easier and more convenient than ever, and includes some new security features that all contribute to making our solution one of the best-in-class networking solutions for SMBs and solution providers.”
The Zyxel Nebula Cloud Management Solution portfolio of high-performance access points, switches, and security gateways and firewalls carry limited lifetime warranties and are available through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-commerce partners.
For more information about Zyxel and its connectivity solutions, visit www.zyxel.com/us