Altice USA, the provider of Optimum and Suddenlink-branded broadband services, announces the launch of Smart WiFi 6, the latest evolution to Altice USA’s advanced connectivity portfolio.
Optimized for Optimum and Suddenlink’s fiber-rich network, Smart WiFi 6 delivers a supercharged WiFi experience with faster speeds and greater coverage/
Built to support the increasing data usage of consumers and the growing number of connected devices in the home, Smart WiFi 6 is primed for today’s virtual world, handling greater network capacity and more quickly and efficiently passing data through to devices for an overall improved WiFi experience. Key benefits of Smart WiFi 6 include:
- 3x Faster Speeds – Smart WiFi 6 delivers WiFi speeds that are up to 3 times faster than previous WiFi technology.
- Better Performance – With more seamless transmission between the router and devices plus the ability to power more devices at once, consumers experience a more reliable connection throughout the home even in busy households and congested areas.
- Expanded Range – Providing greater coverage for multiple devices in use at once.
- Enhanced Streaming – Consumers can enjoy faster upload and download speeds on their devices with less lag and quicker response times for more seamless streaming, video chatting, gaming, and more.
- Longer Battery Life – Smart WiFi 6 is compatible with the latest devices to reduce unnecessary data activity and prolong battery life.
Smart WiFi 6 is powered by the company’s next generation WiFi 6 gateways. It works seamlessly across different environments and home layouts while maintaining network efficiency and reliability even in busy households. Intelligent band steering provides connection for devices no matter where the device is in the home, and faster speeds enable quicker downloads, improve the clarity of video calls, enable a better low-latency online gaming experience, and support simultaneous streaming of 4K programming.
In addition to Smart WiFi 6, Altice USA continues to invest in its network and technology to meet and exceed the growing data needs of consumers. The company continues to increase broadband speeds across its footprint, now offering 1 Gig broadband service to 92 percent of homes it serves and continues to deploy fiber to the home in many areas of its footprint to enable symmetrical broadband service.
Smart WiFi 6 is available to new Optimum and Suddenlink 1 Gig broadband customers. In select areas, Smart WiFi 6 will be available with the highest speed tier offered where 1 Gig service is not currently available.