Megaport Limited, a global Network as a Service (NaaS) provider, announced the availability of Versa Secure SD-WAN, part of Versa SASE, on Megaport Virtual Edge (MVE). Versa Secure SD-WAN with MVE enables branch-to-cloud connectivity on Megaport’s global Software Defined Network (SDN).
Many businesses have embraced SD-WAN and internet connections as a means of simplifying their IT connectivity. However, dependence on end-to-end internet connections to key services and resources can impact performance, availability, and security.
With Versa Secure SD-WAN, available on MVE, customers can host localized virtual SD-WAN via VOS (Versa Operating System) on Megaport’s global platform and reduce the distance data traverses over internet paths from branch locations to critical services in public or private clouds and even other branch locations.
Once connected, customers can access Megaport’s ecosystem of more than 700 enabled data centers worldwide and more than 360 service providers, including 230-plus cloud on-ramps from the world’s leading clouds such as Alibaba Cloud, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud, and Salesforce.
Versa Secure SD-WAN on MVE Highlights include:
- Reduced cloud egress costs to cloud on-ramps when compared to internet rates.
- Better performance with reduced jitter and latency.
- Globally distributed for localized connections.
- Point-and-click network provisioning to support interconnection between branch locations, data centers, cloud providers, and IT services.
- Real-time provisioning of virtual network infrastructure and interconnections.
- No hardware to ship, install, or manage.
- Unified end-to-end network provisioning and management to transform legacy networks.
- Secure, multicloud connections to more than 360 service providers, 700-plus enabled data centers, and 230-plus cloud interconnect points.
MVE is a compute and network service in one. The compute aspect of the service enables customers to host NFV instances in locations where they need them, on demand, and manage them in a point-and-click manner.
On the network side, MVE’s built-in transit gateway provides a scalable access point for connecting networks, via the public internet, to Megaport’s private SDN. Virtualized devices hosted on MVE can use the transit gateway to create connections between the Megaport SDN and their own networks, including branch locations, data centers and private clouds.
MVE is available in 22 metros across North America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. This allows customers more flexibility to deploy virtual Versa Secure SD-WAN devices near concentrations of users to localize traffic, improve network security, reduce cloud egress fees and optimize data termination for performance.
For visit https://www.megaport.com/mve.