Mimosa by Airspan, a subsidiary of Airspan Networks Holdings Inc., introduced its new A6 Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax access point platform, the first gigabit-speed fixed wireless access (FWA) point-to-multipoint (PTMP) solution that improves performance, scaling and reliability. It features up to 7 Gbps throughput for outdoor broadband networks and 5G backhaul infrastructure.
This launch, which also features the C6x Wi-Fi 6E radio, is a new Airspan milestone, providing fiber-like speeds for WISPs and FWA networks.
In addition to the super-fast, fiber-like speeds, highlights of the new products include:
- The first and only FWA platform built exclusively for the larger 160 MHz channels in the expanded 5 GHz band and upcoming 6 GHz band, recently approved by the FCC – operating from 5.150 GHz to 6.425 GHz.
- The A6 can support more than 200 subscribers – a 4X increase.
- The corresponding C6x radio is capable of subscriber speeds of up to 1.75 Gbps, a major milestone.
- The first and only FWA platform with SFP+ and dual fiber port switching.
- The lowest latency platform: OFDMA AP scheduled uplink frequency map allows simultaneous subscriber transmission, enabling a greater than 4X latency reduction over 802.11ac products – 1 millisecond in Wi-Fi mode, 5 milliseconds in TDMA mode.
- The only FWA solution with in-channel noise isolation and interference management. Wi-Fi 6E offers superior noise cancellation.
The 6 Series is based on new Wi-Fi 6E technology using 1024 QAM, OFDMA, channel bonding, MU-MIMO and beamforming technologies. The A6’s feature-rich solution delivers significant leaps in reliability and performance, said the company, making the unlicensed spectrum band even more scalable for ISPs to use than ever before. The A6 also eases the path for 5G network densification using CBRS spectrum.
“Our new 6 Series FWA solutions introduce a new generation of high-performing fixed wireless technologies to take PTMP performance to a new level and is another example of Airspan’s innovation and technology leadership,” said Airspan president and CEO Eric Stonestrom. “Airspan’s latest technology leverages commercial WiFi 6E chips and spectrum for gigabit broadband applications. With the importance of gigabit speeds in major government-funded programs like RDOF, the 6 Series provides WISPs, ISPs and mobile network operators the ability to deliver network performance with fiber speeds, at a vastly lower cost than fiber.”
The 6 Series equipment is currently being tested by customers.