Nexign (a part of ICS Holding LLC), a business support system and internet of things solutions provider, and MegaFon, the pan-Russian operator of digital opportunities, have completed a project of unifying billing systems for all eight of MegaFon’s subsidiaries on a single BSS platform. The companies also migrated subscriber data to the new environment with no impact on customers.
The need to go beyond classical telecom services pushed MegaFon to transform the billing core and develop a unified billing system to facilitate digital transformation. Among the strategic goals of the project were the reduction of the total cost of ownership by 20 to 30 percent and the acceleration of new product launches.
During the project, seven billing systems used in MegaFon were replaced with a single solution. The process was seamless for customers, and the specifics and working arrangements of individual organizations were considered during the migration of the B2X segment.
MegaFon achieved these results:
- Unification of processes for all branch offices
- Transition from a regional-based to a single shared operation service, which resulted in the increase of its efficiency
- The product portfolio aligned within all branches while maintaining the flexibility of local pricing policy
- Introduction of joint call centers with the same service KPIs and standardized routes for handling calls
- Improved quality of customer service in the operator’s coverage area
- Time to market for various product categories reduced by 2-5 times
Besides the actual implementation of the unified billing system, a number of related projects were completed:
- Integration of the FastTrack methodology designed to automate the update implementation process
- Development of a microservice factory
- Introduction of a product catalog that acts as a single point of development and modification of MegaFon’s products and services