StartMeeting’s real-time desktop sharing and audio conferencing services offer cutting-edge features, including screen sharing; easy-to-use meeting recording; high definition sound; and a customizable online meeting wall.
And the cost for the audio and Web service for significantly less than WebEx or GoToMeeting, according to the company, which provides full functionality at a $19.95 per month for a basic service.
“We launched StartMeeting conferencing services to provide customers with the best of audio and Web features at a cost no one in the industry could beat, and we believe that is exactly the product we delivered,” said Jeff Erickson, head of project development at StartMeeting. “We are honored to receive an Internet Telephony Excellence Award recognizing our innovative product and we are committed to improving our services so that our customers have the tools they need to communicate in today’s hi-tech global economy.”
Features of StartMeeting’s conferencing services include:
- Cloud-based recording: User-friendly simultaneous recording of screen sharing and audio meetings, with the ability to share the file on Facebook and other platforms (Windows and Mac).
- Synchronized audio conferencing: Reservationless calls include toll, toll-free, and an integrated high-definition VoIP platform – with a dedicated access number.
- Dedicated meeting credentials: Unlike some other audio/web services, hosts are given permanent, exclusive credentials for meetings.
- Screen sharing: Unlimited screen sharing of content. Subscriptions are offered with 50, 200, 500, and 1,000 participant capacities.
- Meeting wall: Customizable wall, with colors, logos, profile pictures, and the ability to upload files or links that support the online meeting (without emailing the documents).
- Audio Web controls: Calls can be muted, locked, identified and callers can be disconnected; there is also a lecture mode (one-way communication) and the ability to hold Q&A Sessions with participants.
- Enhanced audio features: Customizable hold music and greetings for participants entering the conference.