StorMagic has announced 400 percent annual growth in its StorMagic Partner Program. The company said the four-fold increase results from quarterly deal registrations year over year and expansion into 23 new countries since the formal channel program introduction in January 2016.
Companies looking to deploy highly-available IT solutions for edge computing environments and SME data centers are moving en masse to HCI systems because of the simplicity of management. However, VARs are finding that typical hyperconverged appliances are too costly for these smaller environments. StorMagic VARs can instead build their own HCI solutions using StorMagic’s SvSAN software and any x86 server and storage hardware that meets their customers’ needs.
The company said that channel program achievements and trends over the last two years include:
- More than 200 new partners added in worldwide geographies, ensuring the availability and support of StorMagic SvSAN globally.
- Customer deployments into 23 new countries including Finland, Iceland, Portugal, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Thailand.
- Addition of five new distributors, including BYTEC (Germany), Exertis (UK), Prianto (Germany), Ready Informatica (Italy) and Xield (China).
- Dual-server, fully-configured StorMagic Dell/EMC appliances introduced, available initially in the UK, with pricing starting at approximately $20,000.
- Cisco added StorMagic to the Global Price List so that all Cisco channel partners worldwide can sell a bundled solution with UCS and SvSAN.
- Lenovo added StorMagic to their U.S. Price List for all of their end user sales teams and channel partners to bundle with any Lenovo server.
- SvSAN is being widely adopted into enterprises with distributed IT staff, ROBO, small datacenters, and enterprise edge computing sites, across multiple vertical markets.
- StorMagic introduced Predictive Storage Caching to boost performance by up to 400 percent by intelligently moving data between storage caches.
- Schneider Electric and StorMagic announced “Branch in a Box” today. The bundle is a complete IT solution combining rack and power components from APC, redundant hyperconverged appliances based on Dell/EMC servers, and VMware hypervisor and virtual SAN software from StorMagic.
“The market reached a tipping point because customers are experiencing absolute sticker shock when evaluating the costs of deploying traditional HCI appliances,” said John Glendenning, SVP sales and business development of StorMagic. “StorMagic is seeing three out of four edge computing customers today – up from about one in four just two years ago – who are seriously evaluating virtualized HCI solutions, but are no longer willing to pay a premium given today’s market alternatives. SvSAN is the ideal channel partner offering due to its flexibility and simplicity at much lower price points than competing solutions.”