Tech Data has unveiled its integrated Americas security practice.
“Assembling a comprehensive security portfolio is a part of our ongoing commitment to our partners to develop best-in-class solutions and tools to help them grow, protect and build their businesses. It also marks our continued progress in the successful integration of Technology Solutions,” said Joe Quaglia, president, Americas at Tech Data. “Given the increased frequency of widespread ransomware incidents and daily reports of cyber-attacks, security is top of mind for everyone. Providing security solutions is a high priority for our organization, and we are excited to offer new and expanded capabilities in this critical space.”
Tech Data’s newly integrated security business includes a special focus on five key areas of security: Endpoint, Identity & Access Management, Perimeter, Data/Application and Security Intelligence.
Partners now have access to:
- An extensive line card of more than 30 security-related vendors and hundreds of products
- Security-based Intellectual Property and unique product integration solutions
- Security Assessments that assist partners in identifying gaps in the customer’s security posture
- Managed security services that that partners can resell to their customers, such as “Recon,” the innovative managed security service program
- Internet of Things (IoT) security offerings
- Training and education services to support partners and end users, as well as enablement materials available digitally from the Knowledge Network
- Expertise in vertical markets such as Healthcare, Retail, Finance, Manufacturing, Energy and Government, including Tech Data’s government-specific security-as-a-service offering, “Cyber Protect.”
“The ability to deliver effective security solutions may start with product offerings on a line card, but it also requires strong knowledge and services. It’s this combination of capabilities that gives our partners strength,” said Sergio Farache, senior vice president, strategy and specialist business units at Tech Data. “Our team has worked tirelessly to make sure our end-to-end security offerings are the best in the business and have created a robust security portfolio to provide partners with everything they need to develop a successful security practice.”
The integrated security practice will be run by Alex Ryals, vice president, Security and Networking, at Tech Data, and will be supported by the combined Tech Data and Technology Solutions sales teams.
“Security is just one of the focus areas where Tech Data is helping partners excel through specialization while capitalizing on the high-growth, next-generation technologies that are redefining the future,” said Peter Alexander, CMO at Check Point. “The future is here, and together with Tech Data, we are securing the networks, clouds and mobile devices of tomorrow. In addition to security, as partners, we can leverage Tech Data’s in-depth expertise in complementary technology market segments, including cloud, cognitive computing, analytics, the data center, IoT, mobility, and training and education.”