BEC Technologies, a developer and manufacturer of 3G, 4G/LTE wireless broadband networking solutions, has received Verizon Open Development Device Certification for its MX-200 Advanced Industrial M2M Router. The BEC MX-200 is commercially available for machine-to-machine (M2M) services and Internet of Things (IoT) applications on Verizon’s 4G LTE network.
Verizon Wireless Open Development is the company’s program designed to allow and encourage the development community to create new products, applications and services beyond what Verizon Wireless offers in its portfolio and bring these to the marketplace on the Verizon Wireless network.
The BEC MX-200 4G/LTE Industrial M2M Router features two Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, a RS-232 Serial interface enabling serial device connectivity over IP, optional A-GPS and highly configurable software functionality. Targeted applications for the MX-200 include SCADA, Metering, Digital Signage, remote surveillance, business continuity, ATMs, Vending Machines and Retail Point-of-Sales (PoS).
“Industrial IoT applications have more stringent requirements on reliability, fault-tolerant operation/failover to ensure service availability, scalability for service demand increases, longevity for multi-year field operation and robust security mechanisms to prevent & protect data loss. The newly certified MX-200 is built to meet the unique challenges of this market,” said D’Andre Ladson, Director of Product Marketing.
Other MX-200 Product Highlights Include:
- Ubiquitous Cellular Connectivity with Global LTE Band support and Fallback for 3G/2G
- Automatic failover for network resilience and mission-critical operation
- Advanced APN Configuration for security and service management
- Flexible network configuration; Gigabit Ethernet ports can serve as LAN,
- segmented LAN or single LAN and WAN Interfaces.
- Enterprise Dynamic Routing, SPI Firewall, Secured VPNs, QoS, VLAN and IPv6 support
- Ultra-Compact and lightweight design for simplified deployments and
- discretely mounting virtually anywhere
- Hardened enclosure, industrial-grade components with extended temperature range and
- flexible input voltage selection
- Supported by BEC’s Cloud-Based device management platform to extend network visibility and control of devices remotely