By David Portnowitz, Star2Star Communications
The term “scalability” is tossed around the communications and information technology markets quite a bit these days, but what exactly does scalability mean for business managers? Why does it make sense for your business to consider your short and long-term scalability needs?
As a manager, you must respond to customers’ increasing demands to provide high quality services or products to growing a market.
Broadly speaking, scalability refers to the capability of a business to increase the size of part or all of their operations without disruption.
A scalable cloud communications solution offers multiple platforms in one unified system, allowing businesses to chat, share information, and collaborate in real-time. From storing information in a cloud-based system to using auto-attendants to provide feedback about products and services, a unified communications solution helps to cut costs, simplify operations, and increase productivity.
To integrate scalable, real-time communications within your environment, ask yourself the following questions to optimize your business:
- How can I pay less for a product or service without sacrificing quality?
- Which of my business’ productivity tools could be offered in the cloud?
- Are there any business tasks that could be performed using mobile tools?
- Will the proposed solution meet all of my organization’s diverse needs?
- Can I integrate the new solution into existing IT infrastructure?
For more information on how Star2Star can help your business grow with UC, click here.