Members of COMPTEL, the trade organization devoted to the competitive communications industry, have elected 10 companies to serve on the COMPTEL Board of Directors for the 2013-2015 term.
The elections took place during the annual membership meeting at the COMPTEL PLUS Spring 2013 Convention & EXPO in Las Vegas. These newly elected board members join the others who are currently serving their 2012-2014 terms.
The board re-elected Dale Schmick, COO at YourTel America Inc., for his third term as chairman. The Board also re-elected Rochelle D. Jones, senior vice president at tw telecom inc. as vice chairman, and Jim Butman, group president at TDS Metrocom, as the association’s treasurer.
Rounding out the executive committee are four at-large members, who also were all re-elected: Ben Vos, vice president of business operations for Sprint’s wholesale & emerging solutions division; Julia Strow, co-founder of Cbeyond Inc.; Deborah Ward, CEO of TSI; and Jerry Watts, vice president of government and industry affairs at EarthLink.
“I am very pleased to be re-elected to serve as COMPTEL’s chairman for the third year, and continue working with the association’s dedicated board, CEO and staff,” said Schmick. “The association is poised for great accomplishments in the coming year, from our shows and creating business opportunities for our members to the important advocacy work we do with federal and state regulators and on Capitol Hill.”
Companies elected to the board for the 2013-2015 term include:
Small Member Category
- Kansas Fiber Network – Steve Dorf, President and General Manager
- LS Networks – Jerry Cady, Director of Sales and Marketing
- TSI – Deb Ward, CEO
- Voce Telecom – Peter Stazzone, CFO
- YourTel America Inc. – Dale Schmick, COO
Medium Member Category
- FPL FiberNet LLC – Tim Young, Director, Project Management Office
- Hypercube LLC – Ron Beaumont, President
- Matrix Telecom Inc. – Jerry Ou, President & CEO
- TDS Metrocom – Jim Butman, Group President
Large Member Category
- TelePacific Communications – Russell Shipley, Senior Vice President, Wholesale and Network Services