Zendesk Inc. announced Intelligent Triage and Smart Assist, AI solutions empowering businesses to triage customer support requests automatically and access valuable data at scale. By democratizing access to these solutions, companies can see value in minutes by understanding intent and sentiment through account-specific, data-driven models that are customized for individual use cases and drive faster resolutions.
Industry analysts predict that in the near term, AI will touch most customer service interactions, but Zendesk research shows less than a third of companies are using AI to help their service teams become more efficient. That’s in part because even as AI technology has improved in the last five years, software vendors haven’t passed those improvements on to their customers and are still selling expensive AI solutions that are time-consuming to set up.
Intelligent Triage and Smart Assist are the next step in Zendesk’s vision to create accessible CX AI. The technology uses proprietary industry expertise and insights from trillions of customer data points and applies a vertical lens. This creates models custom to each business capable of identifying the intent, language and sentiment of each customer interaction.
This approach to applying machine learning creates more personalized and informed interactions to serve customers. For example, specific inquiries, such as “I’m having problems with payment,” can be sent automatically to an agent who is equipped to handle billing for a quicker resolution, while inquiries that include language written in all capital letters or in a sarcastic way will indicate a highly negative sentiment and be routed to the top of the queue.
The new capabilities include:
- Instantly route and prioritize revenue drivers, ensuring agents are working on business-critical requests
- Analyze distribution of requests so businesses can better plan operations, collaborate across departments and identify improvement opportunities supported by data for more efficient CX operations
- Automatically guide agents on how to best resolve a customer’s issue in real-time, understand context, recommend solutions, and improve coaching and training with valuable insights
- Continuously boost accuracy as the AI solutions receive feedback on predictions and recommendations
- Detect sensitive information automatically to meet compliance and security needs or extract confidential data like names, addresses, phone numbers, usernames, and financial info for use in workflows
All these capabilities are offered out-of-the-box, included with The Zendesk Suite Enterprise Edition, instead of requiring months of training or costly developer support.
“With this technology, we’re delivering AI tools that can be set up in under a minute to streamline business operations without needing dedicated developers or an expensive implementation,” said Adrian McDermott, chief technology officer, Zendesk. “Our approach is designed to take the burden off customer experience teams through pre-trained machine learning tools that do more, faster and with less guesswork involved. These models come ready to use instantly and continue to learn over time and become customized to each company’s operations by continuously incorporating feedback.”
Zendesk analysis shows that 80 percent of inquiries can be narrowed down to only 20 issues. That knowledge is incredibly powerful when looking to streamline and improve customer experience (CX) processes.
For more information, visit the Zendesk Newsroom.