Fortanix Inc., a multi-cloud data security company, announces today wins across categories, as well as the expansion of its ecosystem with its Fortanix Data Masking and Tokenization Solution, a SaaS offering powered by confidential computing.
The solution addresses escalating concerns around data breaches and expanding data privacy regulations. In addition, Fortanix expands its ecosystem to support the solution.
Built as a seamless extension to Fortanix’s Data Security Manager (DSM) platform, the company’s Data Masking and Tokenization Solution further cements Fortanix as a leader in data security; it allows existing SaaS key management customers to embrace data masking and tokenization while allowing customers to start off with that as a standalone use-case.
The benefits from the platform approach deliver greater business agility without compromising on security. The product’s hallmark simplicity and scale serve as an “easy button” for integration into different cloud and application vendor solutions to make the entire value chain more seamless.
Data proliferation is a major challenge for the enterprise. The complexity of managing it and preventing communication in clear text or through unsanctioned channels is not easy because of the fragmentation of the security stack, siloed teams and global disparities in regulatory requirements.
The Fortanix solution addresses these challenges, making it easy to mask and tokenize sensitive data across multiple sources while adhering to disparate regulatory requirements and driving compliance.
The solution already is used by some of the world’s technology leaders, including strategic partners like SAP bringing in support for tokenization and detokenization scenarios within SAP Data Custodian, and add-on for SAP S/4 HANA. The integration allows SAP customers to de-identify sensitive and business-critical data across their ERP solutions to meet data privacy regulations and minizine data exposure.
The Fortanix Data Security Manager Platform keeps sensitive data across the enterprise secure, private, and compliant. The unified data security and privacy platform centralizes the administration of crypto operations from a single SaaS console, so organizations can mitigate data exposure risk, adhere to data privacy laws and regulations, and scale operations to support business needs.
In addition to the DSM Enterprise edition, smaller mid-market enterprises could use Fortanix DSM Explorer, the “free tier” version of the company’s SaaS offering.
The Fortanix Tokenization offering brings in innovative capabilities including the ability to:
- Consolidate and unify administration of keys, tokens and policies across hybrid, multi-cloud IT infrastructure with a single integrated platform to unify and secure crypto operations.
- Manage keys with granular role-based access control RBAC and Quorum Approval to mitigate risk using zero-trust principles and store keys in FIPS 140-2 Level 3 HSMs to fortify operations.
- Implement and enforce administrative safeguards to adhere to various data laws and regulations across global regions.
- Apply format-preserving encryption (FPE) early to secure data upon generation or ingestion so it can travel safely across the enterprise.
- Guarantee reliable operations with SaaS deployment and elastic scalability to accelerate innovation without compromising data confidentiality.
- Counteract low latency with Fortanix’s DSM accelerator to enable high-performance processing of transactions for low-latency applications.