You can expect to encounter some difficulties when selling VoIP. In order to overcome these challenges, you must acknowledge them and be prepared for them ahead of time. It’s always a good idea to put yourself in the buyer’s shoes and think of possible criticisms that could arise.
Here are the top five challenges to selling VoIP:
- Lack of customer education: Most people today know and believe in the power of communication. However, not everyone understands the power of unified communications (UC). It is important to educate customers on the benefits that VoIP and UCaaS can provide. Ensure that what you communicate with your customer is informative and easy for them to understand rather than purely product-based. Doing this will help get your point across in the simplest way possible.
- Fear of switching: Fear always accompanies change, especially when that fear is also met with the unknown. Relating back to the first challenge, it’s especially difficult when customers don’t know what system they are switching to. Coming in with a clear, well-outlined plan will greatly help to mitigate fear. Come to the table with examples of similar businesses that have already taken the plunge and came out successful.
- The image of a commodity: VoIP and UCaaS are much more than commoditized services. They shouldn’t be thought of as a monthly purchase, where you can opt-out after one month of use. These are tools that have great potential for growth and can truly enrich a business. Think of them as long-term investments that payback with interest rather than a one-time waste of money.
- Solidifying your place: In an already saturated and-still growing industry, it might be hard to claim your place and prove your authenticity and reliability. It’s important to reiterate the importance of UC and how you can do it just as good and even better than other companies.
- The need for value: If you want to compete with large, incumbent providers then you have to add value. This will help to attract customers.
For more strategies on how to sell VoIP, click here.